|Hangout Date||Theme||Picked by|
|January 30, 2014||Gods & Angels||Felicia|
|The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms||5||n/a||n/a||4||4.5||3.79|
Yeine Darr is an outcast from the barbarian north. But when her mother dies under mysterious circumstances, she is summoned to the majestic city of Sky. There, to her shock, Yeine is named an heiress to the king. But the throne of the Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is not easily won, and Yeine is thrust into a vicious power struggle with cousins she never knew she had. As she fights for her life, she draws ever closer to the secrets of her mother's death and her family's bloody history.
With the fate of the world hanging in the balance, Yeine will learn how perilous it can be when love and hate - and gods and mortals - are bound inseparably together.
Alternate Pick: Archangel (Samaria, #1) by Sharon ShinnEdit
And so it came to pass...
Through science, faith and force of will, the Harmonics carved out for themselves a society that they conceived of as perfect. Diverse peoples held together by respect for each other and the prospect of swift punishment if they disobeyed their laws. Fertile land that embraced a variety of climates and seasons. Angels to guard the mortals and mystics to guard the forbidden knowledge. Jehovah to watch over them all... But an age of corruption has come to the land, threatening their peace and placing the Samarians in grave danger. Their only hope lies in the crowning of a new Archangel. The oracles have chosen for this honor the angel named Gabriel, and further decreed that he must first wed a mortal woman named Rachel.
It is his destiny and hers. And Gabriel is certain that she will greet the news of her betrothal with enthusiasm, and a devotion to duty equal to his own. Rachel, however, has other ideas...
- Goodreads Forum Discussions
- Vaginal Fantasy Hangout Episode Guide
- Official Picks and Alternates
- Author and Book Lists
- The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms on The Sword & Laser wiki
- The Sword and Laser Goodreads Forums for The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
- Sword & Laser #61 - The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Kick-Off
- Sword & Laser #62 - The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Book Check-In
- Sword & Laser #63 - The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms Book Check-In
- Sword & Laser #64 - Inteview with N.K. Jemisin (with Veronica Belmont and Tom Merritt)
- Previous: Vaginal Fantasy Hangout 24 - Guilty Pleasures
- Next: Vaginal Fantasy Hangout 26 - A Girl's Guide to Vampires